What you get:
- Paid Time Off / Vacation
- Observed Holidays
- Weekly Paychecks
- Referral Bonus Program
- Training & Advancement
- Safety Shoes & Prescription Safety Glasses
Overtime after 40 hours
Medical, dental, and vision plans, health savings account, life and disability insurance, 401K plans offered.
Job responsibilities of the Forklift Operator:
- All positions start as General Utility making $16.40/hr. After training, pay is $19.65/hr for hours performing Forklift Operator duties.
- Understand and follow safety policies and procedures to ensure compliance in all areas of safety.
- Comprehend all related work instructions and SOP manuals in order to train other production line team members.
- Maintain compliance with all safety, security, regulatory, and company policies related to the operation of a powered industrial truck.
- Responsible for warehouse operational procedures including picking shipment orders, sorting and staging product, and loading/unloading activities of product for processing.
- Work with other forklift operators and supervisors to ensure proper movement of all products and help produce the highest quality of finished product.
- Conduct regular inspections and perform maintenance of forklifts as needed.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work space and report any unsafe working conditions to the Production Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
What does it take to be a Forklift Operator for the Diez Group?
Below are the minimum qualifications for this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in the manufacturing industry.
- 2+ years of experience operating a forklift.
- Ability to obtain a forklift certification.
- OSHA forklift certification is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of arithmetic.
- Alert, focused, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate effectively.
- Ability to lift, push and pull heavy objects as required.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Flexible with working overtime as needed.
- Must adhere to all company policies, including attendance.
The Diez Group is an equal opportunity employer.