At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you’ll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you’ll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are BUILT FOR THE WILD™.
The Manufacturing Technician is directly involved in the optimization of new product production processes, supporting equipment and tooling, and maximizing manufacturing efficiencies. The Manufacturing Technician will contribute to new product introductions, fixture design, and evaluating production metrics. This role will also participate in Research and Development (R&D) of new customization techniques.
Position Type (See Workplace Approach Below): Onsite
- Calibrate or adjust equipment to ensure quality production, using tools such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges, protractors, or ring gauges
- Identify issues and implement solutions related to the manufacturing process or equipment
- Coordinate new product introductions with multidisciplinary teams
- Troubleshoot complex machine and process issues
- Generate specifications, validation plans, and acceptance criteria for new equipment, materials, and processes
- Work with the quality team to perform root cause analysis and corrective action for quality issues
- Design or source manufacturing tools, equipment, and fixtures
- Gather and evaluate production and manufacturing equipment metrics
- Produce documentation related to proper equipment usage, maintenance, and technical procedures
Qualifications and Attributes:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, Manufacturing Engineering or related field preferred
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in Engineering, Manufacturing, Design, or related field. Manufacturing equipment experience a plus
- Experience with 3D CAD software (Solidworks preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to filter and distill the relevant information to the right audience.
- Bilingual language skills a plus
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity with the ability to quickly propose solutions given limited guidance
- Proficiency reading and developing electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical schematics/diagrams.
- Optical experience a plus
- Experience troubleshooting process and machine issues
- Familiarity with PLC’s, conveyors, and robotics preferred
- Self-directed individual with the ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Willingness to travel approximately 10% of the time
Built for the Wild