Job Title: Plant Inspector
Location: 2251 Silver Creek Rd, Fort Worth, TX 76108
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Position Type and Schedule: Full-Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday: 7am - 5pm
Benefits: Silver Creek Materials offers competitive pay, and eligible employees can elect medical, dental, vision, life, and ambulatory insurance and a 401K plan. Employees also enjoy paid company observed holidays, as well as paid vacation and sick time. Additionally, employees can enjoy the use of our private lake and gun range.
Position Overview: Silver Creek Materials (SCM) is a surface mining, large-scale composting, and recycling operation on the West Side of Fort Worth. SCM is seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Screening Plant Inspector to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for inspecting and overseeing the operation of screening plants used for material processing in the mining, and composting industry. You will ensure that the equipment is functioning properly and efficiently to achieve optimal productivity, while also identifying and resolving any safety or quality issues that arise. This role reports to the Director of Operations.
- Conduct daily inspections of the screening plant and associated equipment to ensure proper functioning and identify any issues or malfunctions.
- Monitor the plant operation to ensure it is running efficiently and effectively, making necessary adjustments to improve performance.
- Work with the plant operator to troubleshoot and resolve any mechanical or technical issues that arise.
- Maintain records of plant maintenance, repairs, and inspections.
- Communicate with management to report any issues and provide recommendations for improvements to the screening process.
- Conduct safety inspections to identify and mitigate any potential hazards or risks associated with the plant operation.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and company policies related to screening plant operation and maintenance.
- Train and educate plant operators on proper operation and maintenance procedures.
- Assist with the coordination of maintenance and repair activities to ensure minimal downtime of the screening plant.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in screening plant operation and maintenance.
- Experience with heavy equipment and machinery.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Basic computer skills for record keeping and communication purposes.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and procedures related to screening plant operation and maintenance.
- Willingness to work in a physically demanding environment and adhere to safety protocols.
- Associate or bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or a related field.
- Certifications in screening plant operation and maintenance.
- Experience working in the construction industry.
- Experience with maintenance scheduling and planning.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment, including standing, walking, bending, and climbing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and operate heavy equipment.
- Ability to work in outdoor conditions, including exposure to dust, dirt, and other environmental factors.
Silver Creek Material
Silver Creek Material