Facilities & Maintenance Manager
Under the supervision of the Director of Facilities Engineering & Maintenance, the Facilities & Maintenance Manager will manage and be responsible for the daily maintenance activities in the Plant. Plan and coordinate activities of refrigeration and maintenance. Maintain safe, effective, and functional facilities by directing installation, maintenance, and repair of machines, tools, equipment, and utility systems for refrigerated plant facilities. Assures plant operational compliance with USDA, Environmental, and Safety regulations. Leads and Manages the Maintenance Team, both salary and hourly employees. Responsible for Product Safety and Quality, Employee Safety, and Legality of Policies and Procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Decision Making & Problem Solving: Consistently seeks out and delivers efficient solutions and makes effective and impactful decisions. Upholds innovative culture through creative contributions and beneficial alternatives. Challenges status quo when tradition impedes performance improvements or company growth
2. Good Manufacturing Practices: Interprets GMP and HACCP regulations into Company and product-specific practices
3. Management/Supervision: Willingness to develop a mentoring relationship in order to contribute experience, skills, and wisdom to subordinate employees for their development. Ability to manage employees. Must have strong relationship skills to provide and model leadership behaviors, including the ability to defuse conflict.
4. Production Support: Provide support to plant production departments by evaluating, recommending, and implementing equipment modification/upgrades as well as new technologies to keep manufacturing processes current and cost-effective.
5. Product and Process Development: Responsible for continued assessment of cost reduction opportunities through the utilization of resources to remove process costs, and improve plant and equipment efficiencies.
6. Project Management: Successfully manages or supports projects by developing and working through objectives, prioritizing needs, and meeting deadlines. Engages in cross-functional activities and collaborates across boundaries to ensure successful project implementation. Gathers information to interpret needs, assess requirements, and take the initiative to identify sound solutions through the application of expertise and knowledge. Must have very strong customer service orientation with a high sense of urgency in meeting objectives and deadlines.
7. Quality System Compliance: Ensures the requirements of the Quality System, the Quality System Regulation (US FDA), and other relevant standards are fulfilled by the Company’s maintenance and engineering group.
8. Safety: Enforces Company safety policies and procedures.Responsible for the safe operation of the entire process within Maintenance and Facility.
9. Technical Documentation/Communication/Processes: Knowledge of preventive maintenance procedures / Total Productive Maintenance. Prior experience in Computerized Maintenance Management Systems.
10. Training & Development: Ensures adequate staff training and documentation thereof, in line with Company policies and procedures.
11. Other Compliance: Works to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations issued by OSHA, EPA, Labor & Employment Law, and other federal, state, and local regulations, including Lock-out/Tag-out, confined spaces, and personal protection regulations.
Job Requirements (Education, Work Experience, Certifications, Skills)
- Education: High school or equivalent (Required), Technical Degree (Preferred), technical training, or equivalent years experience acceptable in place of formal education. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Operations, or related discipline preferred, but not required. Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office (PPT, Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Work Experience: PSM/OSHA, two (2 )years (Preferred), Industrial Ammonia Refrigeration, five (5) years (Required). Minimum five (5) years industrial maintenance experience and three (3) years in a Lead, Supervisory or Managerial role (Required)
- Certifications: License - CIRO or CARO, Operator 1, operator 2 (Preferred), RETA course completion preferred. HAZMAT certification preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals
- Ability to reason, negotiate, instruct, persuade, or speak with others;
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment in communicating with staff.
- Receptive to management development suggestions and willing to seek additional knowledge to facilitate job growth.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to interpret HR regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Fully competent to a high degree in mechanical knowledge.
- Ability to work with hands in mechanically oriented situations.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions, as well as interpret pencil sketches and diagrams.
- Ability to supervise and inspect work performed by all Levels of maintenance associates.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- May be required to work overtime, evenings, or weekends to complete work. May be required to work flexible shifts, including on-call.
- *Will perform other duties as assigned.
Headhunting and High Volume Recruitment